We are working with this well-established and ambitious mid-sized consultancy to support their recruitment of an experienced consultant to lead the growth and development of work from new and existing clients in the Transport and Infrastructure sector.
Candidates with a background in hydrogeology, hydrology or geotechnical engineering will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
• Play a lead role in developing and winning work in the Transport and Infrastructure sector.
• Identify opportunities for growth using their own networks and knowledge of the marketplace as well as those within the wider company.
• Convert opportunities into projects through strong client management and proposal writing.
• Project manage or direct technical work to deliver high quality and appropriate solutions to clients.
• Assist with the mentoring and management of junior staff including regional line-management responsibilities where appropriate.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong academic qualifications including post-graduate degree in a technically relevant discipline.
• Chartered status with a relevant professional body.
• Track record in providing high quality environmental consultancy services to the Transport and Infrastructure sector.
• Technical experience including Hydrogeology, Hydrology or Geotechnical Engineering.
• Commercial and business development experience with a particular focus on clients in the Transport and Infrastructure sector.
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
• Strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly respected organisation in a role with real potential for growth and development.
This role will suit an experienced consultant who is looking for the next step in their career with a business which is big enough to offer exciting opportunities while not being so big that you will be “just another cog in the wheel”.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Midlands / M4 Corridor
Flexible depending on experience.
Technical Director, Principal Consultant, Transport, Infrastructure, Hydrogeology, Hydrology, Geotechnical Engineering
Job Ref No