Our client is a highly respected provider of subsea engineering services. They have identified an opportunity to provide Environmental Services to both new and existing clients.
The Head of Environmental Services will report directly to the Managing Director and be responsible for:
- Setting the strategic direction of the division and contributing to the wider company direction
- Marketing and Sales for the division.
- Ensuring profitability against agreed budgets.
- Operational and resource management to deliver workload.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong academic qualifications in a technically relevant discipline, ideally with additional business qualifications.
- Track record in providing environmental consultancy to the Oil & Gas / Offshore Renewables sector.
- Technical experience is likely to include consenting, permitting, licensing, EIAs, oil spill response and decommissioning studies.
- Demonstrable commercial and business experience to give credibility both internally and externally.
- Experience managing sales and strategic development as well as operational management.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, client orientated setting where delivery against client requirements is paramount.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to challenge, listen and be decisive.
- Demonstrate excellent inter-personal and communication skills with well-developed influencing skills.
- Able to balance a strategic role with the need to be hands-on when required.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity:
- To lead a new division within this ambitious organisation during a period of growth and expansion.
- To build a business with the potential to take an equity share in the business in due course.
The role will suit an experienced consultant at Principal level or above, who is looking to take more control of their career. You will join a business which consistently “punches above its weight” and has a reputation for the quality of both their work and the working environment they offer.
In addition to an excellent basic salary, a very attractive bonus scheme is in place and equity is potentially on offer based on the success of the division.
In short you will be able to build a business and truly share in its success in a way which is impossible at most organisations.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Aberdeen or Kent
Excellent salary plus generous bonus
Marine, Oil & Gas, Renewables, Off-Shore, Environmental
Job Ref No: