We are supporting this international renewables developer to recruit an early career professional into their ESG team.
Their well-established team support the business in putting ESG issues at the heart of the business’s activities.
Areas of focus for the team include community investment / social development, women’s empowerment, and working conditions, as well as biodiversity management, and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
The successful candidate will get involved in a range of activities in these areas including:
• Assist the ESG team to deliver against the company’s external and internal reporting requirements to lenders, shareholders and other stakeholders.
• Contribute to the Annual Sustainability Report, collating data and drafting information to ensure the information presented is robust, accurate and accessible.
• Liaison with project-level teams to monitor Environment and Social performance.
• Work with the ESG team to deliver Environmental and Social diligence for projects at all stages (development construction and operations).
The successful candidate must be passionate about the benefits Environment and Social Governance brings, particular in the context of African development.
Additionally, they will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Strong academic credentials with an appropriate degree and post-graduate qualifications (eg environmental or social science /studies, international development, renewables related discipline)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, ideally with experience in writing reports.
• High level of integrity and motivation with a personal commitment to diversity and ethical behaviours.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to deliver compelling, well-structured arguments.
• Previous experience in a related role would be advantageous but is not essential (eg renewables development, ESG management, sustainability consulting etc.)
• An understanding of renewables development particularly in Africa, would be beneficial.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone at the early stages of their ESG career.
Our client is committed to the integration of ESG into their business and this is a chance to learn from a team of highly skilled professionals.
If you are looking to gain experience working with an in-house ESG team then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
Our client is committed to diversity and inclusion and is encourages and supports applications from as wide a range of individuals as possible.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
6 month fixed term contract with an attractive salary
ESG, International Development, Renewables, Environment Social Governance, Africa
Job Ref No