We are working with this renewables developer to recruit an experienced individual to manage all aspects of their Environmental and Social performance across Thailand and the wider region.
The successful candidate will establish where improvements can be made and ensure compliance with environmental and other legislation and that relevant international standards are met across the organisation.
This will include:
• Full responsibility for developing and leading the Environment and Social Management System for the Company in accordance with the IFC’s standards
• Ensure compliance with all relevant policies and reporting requirements at design, construction and operation phases.
• Lead the development and implementation of the Company’s E&S Action Plans.
• Oversee the selection and management of E&S Consultants including ensuring that audits and record keeping are in line with expectations.
• Conduct due diligence of prospective investments.
• Review and amend construction contracts for compliance on all ESG matters.
• Carry out appropriate training to ensure E&S issues are recognised and acted on at all levels of the Company and in their contractors.
• Prepare, compile and present project Environment and Social progress reports.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Relevant degree qualification.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in relevant positions including dealing with the challenges faced at all stages of a project’s lifecycle (development, construction and operation).
• Experience working in Asia.
• Experience implementing international environmental and social standards (IFC / Equator Principles).
• Experience with relevant Management Systems standards (ISO 45001, ISO 14001, SA 8000).
• Cross-functional management experience.
• Strong planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to lead and promote teamwork.
• A passion for renewable energy would be an advantage as would be experience in the sector.
• Excellent communication skills including advanced level of English.
• Be comfortable with a high degree of travel (c 40%)
This is an exciting time to be joining this Renewables Developer who are entering a period of growth resulting from significant recent investment.
Fantastic career opportunities are available for someone with relevant experience in the region and a desire to join a forward thinking organisation to make a real difference.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Bangkok, Thailand (with significant travel)
ESG, Environment, Social, Renewables
Job Ref No