Our client is a specialist consultancy supporting industry, government and entrepreneurs in the CleanTech / Low Carbon technology sector.
• Expert advice and support to incubate and accelerate the commercialisation of innovative Low Carbon and Clean Growth technologies.
• Consulting advice to corporate clients on their investment and innovation strategy to support the transition towards a Low Carbon economy.
• International consulting services for green finance and climate / energy related innovation projects worldwide.
Their consulting team provides practical assistance and support in business growth and technology commercialisation across a range of Clean Growth / Low Carbon Technologies.
They are now seeking someone to join their team to help grow their consulting services through the writing of compelling bids and development of strategic partnerships with key clients.
Duties will include:
• Contribute to the company’s growth and development planning process.
• Build relationships with strategic customers and targets, particularly from government, investors, SMEs and corporate clients.
• Identify, follow up and secure new business
• Prepare tender documents for bids.
• Build international consulting services with public and private sector clients.
• Raise the company’s profile through clear communication / social media strategy, presenting / attendance at key events and conferences etc.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Technical understanding and experience in a broad range of the CleanTech / Low Carbon sector.
• Understanding of the funding processes and policy development drivers in target markets.
• Experience selling consulting services to relevant clients.
• Track record in complex consulting sales including forming consortia, bid / tender writing and project design / budgeting.
• Previous experience in technology commercialisation, high growth start-ups or creating corporate spin-offs would be an advantage.
• Excellent inter-personal skills with a strong existing network of potential clients, partners and funding organisations.
• Capable and experienced communicator with experience presenting at conferences / events etc.
You will join an organisation at the heart of driving cleantech innovation and acceleration.
You will make a real difference to the transition to a low carbon economy through your work spearheading the drive for new business opportunities in this cutting edge sector.
You will have the chance to work with a talented existing team on a range of interesting and rewarding projects.
As well as your focus on developing business, where appropriate, you will also have the opportunity to provide consulting services on projects in your areas of interest and expertise.
This role will suit someone with a background in business development / bid writing and an interest in being part of the CleanTech / Low Carbon sector or a consultant with an interest in combining a role in Business Development with their technical expertise.
Whatever your current position this opportunity provides a new and exciting opportunity with unrivalled career development potential.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Package to attract an outstanding candidate
Cleantech, Low Carbon, Business Development,
Job Ref No