Our client is a specialist consultancy supporting industry, government and entrepreneurs in the CleanTech / Low Carbon technology sector.
• Expert advice and support to incubate and accelerate the commercialisation of innovative Low Carbon and Clean Growth technologies.
• Consulting advice to corporate clients on their investment and innovation strategy to support the transition towards a Low Carbon economy.
• International consulting services for green finance and climate / energy related innovation projects worldwide.
Their consulting team provides practical assistance and support in business growth and technology commercialisation across a range of Clean Growth / Low Carbon Technologies.
They are now seeking someone to join their team to help grow their consulting services through the writing of compelling bids and development of strategic partnerships with key clients.
Duties will include:
• • Deliver effective tender documents to bid for contracts including writing compelling responses and manage strategic responses to larger bids.
• Support the CEO and fellow members of the senior team regarding the growth and future plans for the consulting business.
• Contribute / lead the Business Development activities including: customer relationship management, building new relationships with strategic customers from government, corporates, investors and the SME community.
• Identifying and following up new business opportunities
• Assist in building international consulting services business with public (FCO Prosperity Fund, DFID, World Bank) and private clients.
• Contribute to global messaging strategy including representing CLT at events and conferences.
• Managing the CRM database, website and ensuring a social media presence.
The individual will have extensive previous experience of Bid Writing and business development, ideally with a background and track record of winning bids in the cleantech sector.
Previous experience in technology commercialisation, high growth start-ups or creating corporate spin outs, and working with public sector organisations would also be valuable.
• Motivated and driven individual with a successful track record of writing winning tenders and bids.
• Likely to be somebody who has worked in a consulting environment and has experience of developing business with the Public Sector, corporates and SMEs/start-ups both in the UK and internationally.
• Experience and track record of complex consulting sales, of varying sizes, often to tight deadlines.
• Expert communicator with adaptive writing styles to suit different audiences
• Working knowledge (including how funding and policy work) of a broad range of clean tech sectors including energy generation, efficiency, storage, transport, industry, materials, buildings, and waste.
• Excellent time-management and prioritsation skills; comfortable responding quickly and effectively to opportunities when they are identified.
• Strong networking skills, ideally having existing relationships with potential clients, collaboration partners and funding organisations.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills and an ability to build lasting business relationships.
• A team player, who thrives in a small team environment and is comfortable collaborating with Senior Managers.
• Additional experience in forming consortia, project design and budgeting, would be an advantage.
• Self-starter with drive and motivation. Organised and efficient, and with an open and collaborative style.
• Advanced Microsoft Office capabilities with experience of using IT packages to enhance tender documents and wider communication material including PowerPoint diagrams.
• Presentation skills to share project outcomes and represent CLT at conferences / events..
You will join an organisation at the heart of driving cleantech innovation and acceleration making a real difference to the transition to a low carbon economy through your work spearheading the drive for new business opportunities in this cutting edge sector.
You will have the chance to work with a talented existing team on a range of interesting and rewarding projects.
This role will suit someone with a background in business development / bid writing and an interest in being part of the CleanTech / Low Carbon sector or a consultant with an interest in combining a role in Business Development with their technical expertise.
Whatever your current position this opportunity provides a new and exciting opportunity with unrivalled career development potential.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Package to attract an outstanding candidate
Cleantech, Low Carbon, Business Development, Bid Writing
Job Ref No