We are working with this renewables developer to recruit an experienced individual into their Thai operations to manage all aspects of their Environmental, Social and Health & Safety performance in the country.
The successful candidate will ensure compliance with environmental legislation and international standards across the organisation and establish where improvements can be made.
This will include:
• Full responsibility for all ESH&S matters including occupational and community health and safety, waste management and recycling, pollution prevention control and resource efficiency.
• Liaison with construction management and operations teams, contractors, consultants and all stakeholders relating to ESH&S issues.
• Ensure organisation seeks and implements the necessary environmental authorisations or permits and implement an audit regime to ensure all relevant requirements are complied with.
• Ensure all contractors’ environmental and safety documents, project layout and designs are reviewed and are at a national and international acceptable standard.
• Prepare, compile and present project’s environmental and social progress reports.
• Work closely with and manage the Community Relations team’s activities including the development of the company’s CSR Plan and ensure its smooth implementation.
• Establish and implement an Environmental and Social Management System and Human Resources Policy in line with the International Labour Organization (ILO) core labour standards.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Relevant Environmental / Engineering degree qualification.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience as an E&S / H&S Manager working in power generation, ideally with solar project experience.
• Experience with implementing the environmental, social, health and safety standards of international finance institutions.
• Extensive experience in H&S Risk Assessments with focus on working at heights.
• Knowledgeable in ISO 45001 and 14001.
• Be well versed in local EHS and Labour laws.
• Cross-functional management experience.
• Strong planning and organizational skills as well as the ability to lead and promote teamwork.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Advanced level of English and Thai, both written and spoken.
Fantastic opportunity for someone to lead this exciting development in Thailand.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
ESG, H&S, Environment, Social,
Job Ref No