This is a chance to join the Ecology team of a well-respected and innovative SME multi-disciplinary environment and sustainability consultancy.
They work on a diverse range of urban and peri-urban projects from their offices in central London.
Candidates will work on a variety of ecological survey and monitoring projects as well as advising their clients on innovative ways to integrate Biodiversity / Net Gain into development plans.
You will work closely with the Director managing your own projects as well as supporting business development, tender production, client liaison and technical review of projects.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Appropriate academic qualifications (ideally to MSc level) with professional memberships (MCIEEM, CEnv, CEcol) desirable.
- Extensive experience in providing Ecological consultancy services.
- Protected species licences, ideally including bats.
- Strong Project Management and report writing skills and experience.
- Be comfortable liaising with clients and developing new opportunities for the business.
- Experience managing / mentoring more junior staff and acting as technical reviewer on projects undertaken by others.
- Passionate about biodiversity and nature conservation.
- Interest and experience of working on projects away from standard ecological surveys including Green Infrastructure and urban biodiversity.
If you are an experienced ecologist looking to join a business with a range of projects beyond standard, developer led, survey work this is a fantastic opportunity for you.
You may be currently working at a large multi-disciplinary engineering led business looking to join an organisation where you can be more than just a number in a large team.
Alternatively, you could be at a specialist firm looking for the opportunity to join a business with more interesting projects and exciting career prospects.
You will be joining a friendly and talented team with a diverse range of interesting projects and unrivaled growth potential.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Excellent salary plus package.
Ecology, Principal Consultant
Job Ref No