Our client is a leading investment organisation working in Africa and South Asia. Their investment strategy is focused on creating the maximum impact through building businesses and thereby jobs and opportunities in some of the least developed countries in the region.
They have a dedicated team focusing on Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment to support their strategic objectives.
They are looking for someone to join this team initially on a Maternity Leave contract for 12 months.
Your role will be to support their GE / WEE strategy across the investment lifecycle.
You will promote their themes of supporting women’s leadership, improving job quality for women, improving women’s access to finance and entrepreneurship and ensuring products and services are viewed through a gender aware lens.
The team provides expertise and resource to the wider business and other stakeholders to ensure that the value (both commercial and impact) of investments takes proper account of gender considerations.
Duties will include:
- Develop, test and implement appropriate systems, strategies and processes to support the organisation’s gender strategy.
- Play a full role in supporting, managing and monitoring the impact of gender projects across both the organisation’s existing portfolio and their investment pipeline.
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities both internally and externally to support the continued development and mainstreaming of gender issues in investment decisions.
- Liaise closely with all stakeholders including companies, institutions, and fund managers to support research gender related projects.
- Lead on the development and coordination of relevant internal and external communication, training and guidance.
- Act as technical lead on gender programmes and partnerships internally and externally.
- Identify gender led interventions, support and practical propositions to create value and impact, then ensure these are effectively promoted and implemented.
- Ensure that relevant requirements and policies are consistently applied
The successful candidate will need to be a highly collaborative and innovative individual who is a natural self-starter with exceptional communication skills and a desire to be involved in the private sector’s drive for greater gender equality and the economic empowerment of women in the developing world.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent academic qualifications including post-graduate degree / professional qualifications.
- Demonstrable relevant experience in the private sector.
- Experience in the issues associated with gender equality in developing countries (especially Africa and South Asia).
- Familiarity with the application of gender issues to businesses in emerging markets.
- Ideally experience of working with private equity or other financial institutions.
- Strong project management experience, ideally including the setting up and embedding of new systems and processes.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity to:
- Join an organisation committed to making a real, practical and positive difference to women’s lives in the developing world;
- Be part of a motivated and talented team who provide highly valued support to this organisation;
- Take a lead role in shaping a high impact strategy within an organisation with a significant leverage in the field.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Very attractive salary plus package
Gender Equality, Womens Economic Empowerment, WEE, Investment
Job Ref No