We are working with a highly respected business which provides support and advice to development and infrastructure projects for a range of clients across the UK.
As part of growth plans for their environmental consulting business they are looking for an experienced individual to lead and develop their work in Environmental Planning and related activities.
You will work closely with the company’s existing clients and develop your own client portfolio with the long-term opportunity to build, develop and lead a team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams to secure planning permissions for clients.
- Ensure technical deliverables meet and exceed client expectations.
- Work with the company’s leadership team to develop strategy for further growth and development.
- Lead activities to win and deliver work into the Environmental Planning team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant Planning / Environmental degree with Chartered membership of the RTPI being preferred.
- Extensive experience in relevant consultancy projects including EIA coordination, development planning process management etc.
- Experience in Infrastructure and / or Development related projects.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Comfortable in a client facing role and be able to demonstrate strong commercial awareness / business development capability.
- Have the ability and desire to build, develop and lead a team of technical specialists.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established consultancy to build and grow this sector with them.
You are likely to have a number of years’ experience and have enjoyed the client facing work you have done so far as well as having developed excellent technical skills.
You may either be at a large, multidisciplinary where the opportunities for development are limited or at a smaller practice which doesn’t have the capacity or ambition to let you to fulfil your potential.
Whatever your background, you will get the support of a talented technical, commercial and management team to deliver on the opportunities available.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Midlands / Flexible UK
Excellent salary and package with significant future potential.
Planning, Environmental Planning, EIA, Principal Consultant
Job Ref No