Our client is a highly respected organisation in climate finance supporting the transition to a low-carbon economy.
Working with a wide range of public and private sector organisations you will lead the voluntary portfolio team to deliver financing for low-carbon development and other environmnetal / sustainability projects worldwide.
You will lead and manage the voluntary portfolio team to ensure effective delivery against portfolio objectives.
This will include:
• Be accountable for carbon and other environmental project proposals with existing and prospective clients.
• Identify and deliver new opportunities for profitable business.
• Create and deliver the wholesale business strategy.
• Structure, negotiate, trade, transact and manage delivery of carbon project and other environmental credits and solutions.
• Manage relationships and partnerships with new and existing clients as well as suppliers and project developers.
• Manage the supply of carbon project credits.
• Manage the project and portfolio trading / transactions of project credits.
• Provide strategic and operational management of the team.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant commercial / business experience in financial markets / broking / trading.
• Strong commercial awareness is required with the ability to optimise financial returns and delivering on portfolio objectives through effective contract negotiations.
• Proven negotiating skills and a track record of generating and closing new business opportunities.
• Previous experience of managing a team.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
• Understanding / experience in the carbon markets would be beneficial but is not required.
• Existing right to work in the UK is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation playing a vital part in tackling climate change and managing the transition to a low carbon economy.
You will have the chance to use your commercial and business acumen in a diverse, interesting and worthwhile career in a position of real responsibility.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Competitive Salary, bonus and package
Carbon Trading, Markets, Low Carbon, Finance, Broking, Commodity
Job Ref No