Our client is a well-established, ambitious and fast-growing Waste Management company. They provide a range of waste management services in the North of England and Midlands.
They are currently looking to recruit someone to support their ambitious growth plans for their skip and Ro-Ro business.
Building on an existing multi-million-pound business line you will establish a proactive marketing and sales process to build inquiries and orders from new and existing clients and develop automated web-ordering systems to facilitate back-to-back deals with sub-contract suppliers.
You will be responsible for consistent and profitable sales revenue growth, through proactive planning and execution of effective strategies and well targeted objectives.
Duties will include:
- Maximise and build on existing systems and architecture to develop a nationwide skips brokerage operation.
- Develop an optimized website to draw in and convert prospects for skip / Ro-Ro work throughout the UK.
- Work closely with existing clients to improve current service and develop new revenue through better understanding of their needs.
- Work closely with the large existing Sales and Marketing team to engage the current customer base.
- Plan and deliver supplier sourcing activities.
- Ensure operations team delivers an exemplary customer experience.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and forecasts for your department.
- Ensure all H&S policies and procedures are accurate and complied with, including sub-contractors.
- Act as the point of contact for customers, resolving complaints / dispute resolution and supporting the Purchase Ledger and Credit Control teams.
- Be a champion for the service thereby driving sales enquiries and increased revenues.
- Drive continual improvement and identify new market / business opportunities.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Track record in leading Sales and Marketing activities within the Waste sector, with detailed knowledge and contacts in the skips /Ro-Ro market.
- Strong networker able to build relationships with experience managing key clients on large contracts.
- Experience in developing and operating effective web based “back office” systems ideally including website optimisation.
- Experience of market development as well as leading the development and roll out of new services.
- Demonstrable commercial skills including knowledge of market rates and the management and preparation of contracts / tenders etc.
- In depth knowledge of relevant waste legislation and experience dealing with relevant governing bodies
- Previous Team Leadership experience.
- Strong presentation skills
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced waste professional where you will be able to bring your ideas to the table and take the helm of a significant part of this ambitious company.
Working with a large, friendly team, you will play a pivotal role within the company with exceptional opportunities for career development and high rewards.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
North West / Yorkshire
Excellent salary and package
SectorsWaste Sales, Commercial Manager, Waste Management.
Job Ref No