Our client is a social impact investor with a strong emphasis on responsible investment. They invest in countries throughout West Africa and wider afield to both support existing businesses and develop new opportunities.
The successful candidate will play a lead role in the development and management of their investment portfolio in the region and be involved in all investment processes from origination to execution.
Responsibilities will include:
· Origination and screening of debt and equity investment opportunities.
· Lead on the commercial negotiations and structuring of the investment.
· Ensure full appraisal and due diligence is undertaken on all opportunities.
· Writing and presenting internal investment proposal papers.
· Provide ongoing monitoring, management, evaluation and reporting of investments.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
· Experience in a relevant investment business, ideally including Impact Investment / DFI background.
· Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.
· Strong negotiation skills and familiarity with a range of debt and equity instruments.
· Ability to manage and develop relationships with donor organisations / peers and other potential investees.
· Experience in donor funding and development priorities in West Africa (including experience of their reporting requirements)
· Fluent written and spoken English, ideally with additional capability in French.
· Willingness to travel.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Investment potential with an interest and experience in Impact Investing / International Development projects to join this highly respected and active organisation.
You will get the chance to work with a highly motivated and talented team with significant potential for career development.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
London / West AFrica
Competitive salary and package
Development Finance, Impact Investment, West Africa, Investment Manager
Job Ref No