Our client is a leading investment organisation working in Africa and South Asia.
Their investment strategy is focused on creating the maximum impact through building businesses and thereby jobs and opportunities, in some of the least developed countries in the region.
Central to this is the role of their Environmental and Social team. This growing team supports a variety of internal and external stakeholders through the provision of due diligence, monitoring and related activities.
Duties will include:
• Provide high quality technical support and advice relating to the ESG aspects of new investment proposals.
• Monitor and report on ESG performance of the existing portfolio.
• Manage external consultants, provide technical assistance and undertake other relevant technical activities.
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities to support the continued development and improvement in the management of Environmental and Social issues internally and externally.
• Review ESG issues associated with potential transactions including Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA), , Environmental Management Systems (EMS) and other Environmental and Social Audits and Studies.
• Work with internal teams to ensure that relevant requirements and policies are consistently applied.
• Collect, analyse and assist with the reporting on Environmental and Social matters to internal and external stakeholders.
• Provide training on Environmental and Social matters when required.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Relevant qualifications at least to degree level and preferably post-graduate qualifications
• At least 2 years’ experience in a relevant environment.
• Experience in the issues associated with developing countries (especially Africa and South Asia).
• Familiarity with the application of Environmental and Social issues to businesses in emerging markets.
• Understanding of the challenges associated with implementing international standards (including IFC Performance Standards) in developing countries.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels.
• Be highly motivated and results driven with good judgement and attention to detail.
• Possess good analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to demonstrate structure in thought and communication.
• Be willing to travel.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity:
• to join an organisation committed to making a real, practical and positive difference in the developing world
• to be part of a motivated and talented team who provide highly valued support to this organisation
• to learn from some of the most respected practitioners in the Environmental & Social / ESG field.
An excellent salary package is offered to attract, motivate and retain talented individuals.
The role will suit an early career individual with some experience in ESG consultancy or who has worked in development finance / banking / investment and is looking to make a real difference.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Attractive salary plus package.
ESG, Social Impact, Environmental, Due Diligence, Development Finance
Job Ref No