Our client is a leading investment organisation working in Africa and South Asia. Their investment strategy is focused on creating the maximum impact through building businesses and thereby jobs and opportunities in some of the least developed countries in these regions.
They have recently established a dedicated team focusing on Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment to support their strategic objectives.
As part of the growth and development of this team they are looking for someone to support this strategy across their investment lifecycle. You will be supporting their themes of supporting women’s leadership, improving job quality for women, improving women’s access to finance and entrepreneurship and ensuring products and services are viewed through a gender aware lens.
The team provides expertise and resource to the wider business and other stakeholders to ensure that the value (both commercial and impact) of investments takes proper account of gender considerations.
Duties will include:
• Develop, test and implement appropriate due-diligence tools.
• Play a full role in managing and monitoring gender projects across both the company’s existing portfolio and their investment pipeline.
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities both internally and externally to support the continued development of Gender Equality and Women’s Economic Empowerment issues.
• Liaise closely with all stakeholders including companies, institutions, and fund managers to support research on how gender related projects can drive business performance and development impact.
• Lead on the development and coordination of relevant internal and external communication.
• Work with internal teams to ensure that relevant requirements and policies are consistently applied.
• Mentor and support professional development of other staff including the provision of internal and external training on gender matters when required.
The successful candidate will need to be a highly collaborative and innovative individual who is a natural self-starter with exceptional communication skills and a desire to be involved in the private sector’s involvement in promoting gender equalityand the economic empowerment of women in the developing world.
You should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent academic qualifications including post-graduate degree / professional qualifications.
• Demonstrable relevant experience in the private sector.
• Experience in the issues associated with gender equality in developing countries (especially Africa and South Asia).
• Familiarity with the application of gender issues to businesses in emerging markets.
• Ideally experience of working with private equity or other financial institutions.
• Strong project management experience, ideally including the setting up and embedding of new systems and processes.
This role offers an exceptional opportunity:
• To join an organisation committed to making a real, practical and positive difference to women’s lives in the developing world.
• To be part of a motivated and talented team who provide highly valued support to this organisation.
• To take a lead role in shaping a high impact strategy within an organisation with a high degree of leverage in the field.
An excellent salary package is offered to attract, motivate and retain talented individuals.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include International Development Jobs, Social Impact Jobs, Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Attractive salary and package
ESG, Gender Equality, Development Finance
Job Ref No