Our client is an independent, multi-disciplinary UK Environmental Consultancy with an impressive range and scale of clients and projects.
Due to recent investment in the business they are experiencing a period of significant growth and development, as part of which they are looking for a Director level candidate in their Geo-Environmental team to lead their work in the North of England.
This large, existing team works across all areas of brownfield land redevelopment as well as the development of new sites.
The right candidate will be commercially and technically astute with sound experience of delivering solutions particularly for residential and property clients.
Duties will include:
• Lead the commercial development and growth of the Land team in the North including developing business with new and existing clients.
• Contribute to the organisation’s strategic plan to ensure opportunities are maximised and promote and develop the company’s client-focussed, solutions driven offerings.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels to ensure a coordinated approach between all teams (air quality, flood risk, ecology, acoustics, etc).
• Manage and mentor team members and lead recruitment to ensure strong levels of motivation and performance.
• Contribute technically to projects to ensure effective and timely delivery of client expectations.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Relevant academic qualifications, preferably including post-graduate qualifications and professional chartership.
• Extensive experience in consultancy.
• Track record in a commercial, business development role.
• Previous experience of managing / mentoring junior staff.
If you are an experienced Contaminated Land / Geo-Environmental consultant looking for the next step in your career this could be the role for you.
You will get unrivalled support to grow and develop within a highly motivated, forward thinking and ambitious business.
You will be given significant autonomy and resources to deliver on the potential available and be rewarded for doing so.
The role could suit someone at a large multi-disciplinary who is looking to take more responsibility and be part of the Senior Leadership team of a growing business, or someone working at a smaller specialist firm who is looking for career development opportunities and interesting projects without getting swallowed up in a large “face-less” business.
Porter Gosling are acting as a recruitment agency in respect to this position.
Porter Gosling supports organisations in the recruitment of senior and specialist individuals in the Environmental and Sustainability sectors.
Typical disciplines we work on will include International Development Jobs, Social Impact Jobs, Corporate Sustainability Jobs, Environmental Consultancy Jobs, Contaminated Land Jobs, EIA and Ecology Jobs, Water and Waste Management Jobs, ESG Jobs, Environmental Planning Jobs, Building Sustainability Jobs.
Please apply using the form or call on the number below:
+44 (0)7818 553 636 / +44 (0)1202 880 987
Salary package to attract an exceptional candidate.
Contaminated Land, Geo-Environmental, Director, Consultancy
Job Ref No